Ken
Ken, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  GM & SATURN FACTORY TRAINED

Where is the radiator cap on a 1995 saturn?

Customer Question

where is the radiator cap on a 1995 saturn?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Ken replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thanks for your question! You will find that on the left side of the engine compartment. You fill it to the seam on the coolant bottle. I found some information on the cooling system for you. This should help.Do not open if the engine is hot !!! Ken
Engine Coolant Check and Replacement

Object Number: 872298  Size: SH
    Click here for detailed picture of above image.
  1. Check the engine coolant level in the coolant surge tank.

The coolant level should be between the FULL COLD Min. and FULL COLD Max. line depending on the engine temperature. If low, check for leaks and add coolant up to the FULL COLD range.

Notice: The engine's cooling system thermostat and water pump will not function correctly if oil is found in the cooling system. The cooling system must be flushed and the water pump and the thermostat's cartridge replaced.

2. Check the engine coolant quality.

There should not be any rust deposits or scales in the coolant surge tank or cap and the coolant should be free from oil. If excessively dirty, flush the system and replace the cap as necessary.

Object Number: 872047  Size: SH

Caution: Do not remove the cap from a hot system. Allow the system to cool, then slowly remove the cap.

3. Replace the engine coolant:
    3.1. Remove the coolant surge tank cap.

Important: A two gallon container will be required to hold the coolant.

3.2. Drain the coolant from the radiator and engine drain plug located at the right front of the engine block.
    3.3. Close the radiator drain plug and install the cylinder block drain plug.

Tighten
    Tighten the cylinder block coolant drain plug to 35 N·m (26 lb ft).

Important: The vehicle must be level when filling with coolant.

3.4. Fill the system to the FULL COLD range with a 50/50 solution of Dex-CoolTM antifreeze and clean water.

Capacity (with heater): 6.75 L (7 qt).

3.5. Start the engine and check for leaks.
    3.6. Run the engine until the upper radiator hose is hot, then add additional coolant, if needed, to bring the level to the FULL COLD range.
    3.7. Install the cap.
Expert:  Ken replied 5 years ago.
If the coolant level is just a cup or so low, you can just add water. It is normal for a cooling system to need a cup of water every 4000 or 5000 miles. Ken