peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a 2006 07x and the all wheel drive light comes on.

Customer Question

i have a 2006 07x and the all wheel drive light comes on. what does this mean?
JA: Is the battery fully charged? Does the light stay on while you're driving?
Customer: yes to both
JA: What is the model of your '06 Saab?
Customer: 97x
JA: Are you fixing your 9-7X yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing. I wouldn't know which end to look for it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the windshield wipers comes on by itself sometimes, and occasionally the power seat goes forward when ignition is turned off, ignoring the setting I have.
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you have the rain sense wiper system this can cause the wipers to turn off and on by themselves.Even with no rain,this can indicate the system needs calibrated with the correct type of scan tool to calibrate the rain sense to correct this here.The seat issue may just need to have the memory seat settings recalibrated with the switches to correct this fault.

As for the all wheel drive light this indicates the ecu has detected a fault with one of the all wheel drive components.What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set in all computers.Once this is done any codes set will need diagnosed and will help locate and repair this fault here.There are several sensors and components like actuators on the 4wd drive train components that can act up or fail causing this issue needing replaced so having the codes checked will help in locating and repairing this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete