350matt
350matt, Engineer - BEng Hons
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

I cant stop check engine light from coming no matter how

Customer Question

i cant stop check engine light from coming no matter how many time i reset it...i have just fitted two new exhaust studs and changed oil and filter . ihave had turbo and manifold off
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: stays on
JA: What year is your Turbo?
Customer: 1999 it was built..the car that is
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i didnt need to fix the turbo...but had to drop it down to get exhaust manifold off to get sheered studs out
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the car was ok before this work
Category: Saab
Expert:  350matt replied 6 months ago.

Hello

as you can't extinguish the light then it must be a genuine fault

I'd suggest the next step is to use a scan tool to pull the fault code off the car and so point to the fault as this is by the fastest way to solve the issue

however as you've just had the exhaust off then double check that the exhaust o2 sensors are correctly connected and also that the wastegate trubo connections / vacuum pipes are not split and fitted without leaks

if this is all OK then if you can tell me how the car drives with this fault I'll try to help

Expert:  350matt replied 6 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you