Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Going to look at a 2010 Saab 9-3 in San Diego tomorrow. I

Customer Question

Going to look at a 2010 Saab 9-3 in San Diego tomorrow. I had one before that I LOVED.
It's at a dealer, who took it in trade. The car fax on it is available? Do I need to have an independent mechanic look it over?
Category: Saab
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Susan,

In most cases a the dealer will do a complete inspection before putting a trade in on the lot and that usually take care of any issues it may have had. That being said, anytime you are purchasing a used car its always a good idea to have your own pre-purchase performed just to be sure.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My husband wants a BMW, we are on the west coast, place is lousy with them. Which are better/more reasonable on upkeep?
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Both are pricey for up keep but I would have to say the BMW would be the more expensive to maintain.