peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

Alert on dash says standing lock malfunction seek service

Customer Question

alert on dash says standing lock malfunction seek service immediately
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: three days off and on if I stop car it goes away for a while
JA: What is the model/year of your Saab?
Customer: 93 2010
JA: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no im taking it to herb chambers saab service this morning is this serious a lot of lights on shift column flash on and off
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 8 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This is most commonly caused by a fault with the ignition assembly.This fails to send signals intermittently to operate electronics as it should and causes the issues here.This is a well documented issue that Saab is aware of and the ignition assembly needs replaced to resolve this here.In some rare cases it is the steering lock at fault but with what you have going on here and the common fault this is the ignition assembly needing replaced.I would have this checked/tested to be sure.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete