Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Service Technician
Experience:  12 years Line Mechanic, Electronics, etc

I need to replace the power seat switch on my 2004 93

Customer Question

I need to replace the power seat switch on my 2004 93 convertible and don't know how to remove the power seat switch panel attached to the front seat. There is a screw in the front which I can remove but then it is attached in other places. I am afraid to pull on the plastic panel for fear of breaking it but I don't know if it is clipped on or what. Any ideas?
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Did you get my woeful missive?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope. That's it for now
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Saab
Expert:  Jerry replied 23 days ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 23 days ago.

We, (the experts) are only paid by your positive ratings.

The electric adjustable seat switch is taken out with the side trim. As you know there is a screw that comes out and then the side panel is pushed forward in order to get the clip loose from the front. Please see attached diagram, thanks

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
OK tried that. There is still a clip or something about half way back that is keeping the trim piece on. I think I will be taking it to the local SAAB guy for this. My neighbor (local mechanic) and I can't figure it out.
Expert:  Jerry replied 23 days ago.

That is all the information that I have on it, but wait there may be another expert who has more. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, also DON’T RATE THE ANSWER yet, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.

Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 23 days ago.

You are correct.....there is a "hook" about half way & you need to push in & lift the Panel up
Click Attachment Below

please respond or rate my answer

thank you