Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

I own a 2008 Saab 9-3 TURBO X SEDAN WITH 97,000 MILES. I

Customer Question

I own a 2008 Saab 9-3 TURBO X SEDAN WITH 97,000 MILES. I ATTEMPTED TO PASS A SLOW MOVING TRUCK DOING ABOUT 55 MPH. I DEPRESSED THE GAS PEDAL AND IMMEDIATELY THE CAR STARTED MISFIRING AND SHUTTERING AND IT WOUD NOT INCREASE SPEED TO PASS THE TRUCK. I SLOWED DOWN AND THE CAR CONTINUED TO SPUTTER AND MISFIRE AT ALL SPEEDS INCLUDING AT IDLE. I ARRIVED AT MY DESTINATION TURNED THE CAR OFF. I STARTED IT UP A FEW MINITES LATER AND EVERYTHING WAS OK. IT SEEMED THE CAR HAD RESET ITSELF. LATER I ATTEMPTED A HIGH SPEED PASS ON THE EXPRESSWAY AND THE SAME THING HAPPENNED. DEALER SAID IT THREW A CODE FOR "FUEL PRESSURE LOSS". DEALER COULD NOT ID THE PROBLEM. I AM THINKING FUEL MODULE, OR FUEL PUMP. ANY IDEAS?
Category: Saab
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. The problem could very well be a loss of fuel pressure . If you can give me the actual fault code and or codes your dealer found when they ran there scan I will see if I can help you with this issue. Post back when you can and we can work from there.