sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I recently had my headlight leveling motor replaced as well

Customer Question

I recently had my headlight leveling motor replaced as well as repair to a leaking hose from the overflow radiator bottle in my 2006 Saab 9-3Aero, 2.8L turbo. However, my mechanic cannot get the alert notices to reset, so every time I start my car I get the alerts about faulty headlight leveler and low coolant. Any advice as to how to reset these?
JA: How old are the hoses? And just to clarify, can you actually see the leak?
Customer: The problem is fixed, hose has been replaced. Coolant level now full. It is the alert that I can't get rid of.
JA: What year is your Turbo?
Customer: 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My mechanic fixed the hose and the headlight leveler. He can't get the alerts reset.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Saab
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 30 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the problems have truly been repaired then the warnings shoudl go off after clearing fault codes. If you have the vehicle in your possession but no scan tool, can you try a battery disconnect?