peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

2004 9-3 arc. power windows will go down by themselves and

Customer Question

2004 9-3 arc. power windows will go down by themselves and are hard to get back up and stay up. this car had electrical issues in the past from an accident. passenger windows and driver rear does this. drivers window works fine. Is this a short or something else
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If there is no movement at all when trying to roll them back up and this is intermittent to where they work sometimes this can be an issue with the master window switch control or a fault with the wiring leading into the doors from the switches or from the master window switch.It may also be a fault with a body ecu causing this here.

The first thing that needs done is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete