Fix_It_Man
Fix_It_Man, Other
Experience:  I am an ASE Master Certified technician and vehicle repair specialist with over 16 years of Saab experience.
1627031

I have a 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0 SportCombi. It has a P0686 and

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0 SportCombi. It has a P0686 and P0687 code and is suffering from these symptoms:
- Occasionally rough idle
- Hard to start one time without giving it gas while cranking.
- Lack of power
- Full throttle does virtually nothing
- Seems like the turbo isn't boosting the engine. You can hear it spooling but doesn't add power.
We just got this car so I'm not sure how old the battery is or what the last owner did to it.
Thanks
Category: Saab
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me how many miles are on the vehicle?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
91k

Thank you. From the codes that you are getting it sounds like a voltage issue, or possibly a bad computer. I would start by checking the battery, the alternator, and the connections at the battery and the ground connections. All of these will cause this. If there is battery voltage at the computer then the computer itself is bad.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Have you repaired this issue on a Saab before or are you following what your software says? Replacing an ECM should never be the second option with these codes, according to Saab forums.