peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a Saab 900s Convertible, 1994, with 230,000 miles. I

Customer Question

I have a Saab 900s Convertible, 1994, with 230,000 miles. I am planning on a ground up restoration. I cannot find a new engine for it, though I can find a used one, and am not committed to a Saab engine. I am looking for performance. Any ideas as to options--including where to buy a replacement Saab engine or other that might fit?
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you want a performance engine that may be a Saab or other then Saab that may work in your model the best option here is to speak to an auto accessory install facility to see if they can locate one that will work for your model as well as add performance to it.This is usually the best option for this here.If this is not an option for you on this let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Pete--what is a "auto accessory install facility?"

An automotive accessory install facility would be a facility that installs vehicle modifications like a vehicle performance after market install facility or any facility that installs upgrades or modifications.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Pete:I appreciate your taking the time to answer my question. No one else did.However, it seems to me, to be fair, your reply basically suggests I ask someone else.Are you in the US? Your reply also suggests an auto retail store we do not have here. The only such places we have here are more focused on remote starters, stereos, and computer chip reprogrammers. They do not deal with engine replacement.Sincerely,Bob

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete