sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a US Spec 2010 Saab 9-5 II w/Aero package. I no front

Customer Question

I have a US Spec 2010 Saab 9-5 II w/Aero package. I no front turn signal or right rear brake light and rear turn signal nor hazard lights. When I use these lights the system gives a light blown error and flashes as though the blubs are out however the lights are fine, could this be a relay switch? If so what or where is it and what location
Category: Saab
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You have at least a couple different issues going on. The warning message is displaying because a circuit issue is being seen. The problem is either high resistance or an open circuit on the affected lights, whether the problem is wiring or bulbs.

It appears you believe the bulbs are good? How was that determined?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The bulbs were swapped in there locations and secondly a resistance test was done to find there was current going in but not coming out at these specific light connections. To include swapping bulbs on to the opposite light housing, example right rear passenger switched to left rear drivers housing

Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'current going in but not coming out'?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
To clarify what you are asking. With my vehicle's ignition "ON" an ohm (voltage) meter was used to verify if there was power output at these specific light connections. In doing this there was no power voltage detected at these light bulb connector pin locations. Thus suggesting to me that I was most likely a relay problem per his expertise. However he was not certainty nor did he have the proper computer diagnostic system for my 2010 SAAB 9-5 II to give an accurate conclusion for his opinion.

Were the respective lights turned on when checking for power at these locations, or just the key turned on as indicated?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
all lights were turned on during that test to verify power output.

If there is no power on these respective circuits at the lights then the next step will be to test directly at the body control module. This will differentiate whether the problem is in the BCM, an open circuit in the wiring, and the circuits will also need to be tested for a short to ground. If the circuits are shorted to ground then the BCM will disable them for self preservation.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Okay per your advice I will start from this point and follow up with you once this has been done.

Great!