350matt
350matt, Engineer - BEng Hons
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

I recently bought a 2005 Saab 9-3 in a dealer, unfortuanalty

Customer Question

hello my name is***** recently bought a 2005 Saab 9-3 in a dealer, unfortuanalty they were not to honest about the car. Since they are good with getting you on paperwork I cant get my refund if I try to return it. Anyways, when I turn on my car I get a gasoline smell and it will shake for a little. I took my car to a local mechanic he said my feul injector was leaking. so he went on and replaced it. I took it for a good 50 mile test run and my car still does the same. also my check engine light is on. I had the codes read and the mechanic said its (P0687) (P0686)(P0301) can you please help me. I spend too much money on this car already and I still have the same problem please help.
Category: Saab
Expert:  350matt replied 3 months ago.

Hello

the P0687 = Controls Ignition Relay Control Circuit High Voltage
and the P0686 is the same relay but low voltage?

So to begin with I'd replace the KR75 Powertrain Relay, which I believe is in the engine bay fusebox

and the P0301 is a misfire on cylinder no.1 which could be a legacy code if that was the cylinder with the leaking injector

but if its not then replace that spark plug with a new item

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hey I'm sorry I decided to get rid of the car. It's just to much trouble. How can I get a refund?
Expert:  350matt replied 3 months ago.

understood

see here

http://ww2.justanswer.co.uk/en-gb/help/how-can-i-request-refund