Piotr, Saab Mechanic
Experience:  3+ years technician

Ac clutch and fans will not work unless I manually jump both

Customer Question

Ac clutch and fans will not work unless I manually jump both fans and the clutch with 12v.when I do I get good ac gage readings and cold air.
new pressure switch, checked all fuses and swapped fan and clutch relays with known working relays.
Category: Saab
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In order to be able to help you with your AC and fan concern I need to know what your working on, need the year and model of your Saab. Post back with this information and I will see if I can help you get this resolved.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
2004 9-5 Arc sedan
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Are you able to scan the system to see if there are any fault codes setting?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Using a Autel Elite scanner because my Solus does not read SAAB I have this code.
In the ACC Automatic Climate Control section I have 1 code "B1 600-4 (960024) Please refer to service manual!"
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Im finding no listing and or reference to this code which usually means its not a valid code. Have a look at the enclosed wiring diagram and tell me if you have power at pins 86 and 30 at the clutch relay.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Have had "waiters" all day.
30 is hot with the key on or off
86 is hot only hot when the key is turned on, once the key is turned off it stays hot for about 15 seconds then times out and turns off
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
to be clear I checked relay marked "FR10 ACC" it is the only that's marked with anything to do with the AC. I assume ACC stands for AC Clutch
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What a waste of $5
Expert:  Piotr replied 1 month ago.

acc stands for automatic climate control,i need to know if your saab is v6 or 4 cylinder

Customer: replied 1 month ago.