sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I drive a Saab 2009 97x. The problem is if don't drive it

Customer Question

I drive a Saab 2009 97x. The problem is if don't drive it for a few days it will not start. Got a new battery in it. Be to the shop about 3 to 4 times.Cant find nothing wrong with it. Do you think may be the battery?love my suv
Category: Saab
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It's possible that the problem could be the battery itself but it's not that likely if the battery has already been replaced. The battery can be load tested, but odds are you have a battery draw. Most likely there is a component drawing current when the car is parked and that is why the battery is dying. The problem could be a light that is coming on or staying on, a module staying awake, an aftermarket radio, or the problem could be in the alternator. It isn't unheard of for a bad alternator to cause a draw.

What needs to be done is an ignition off draw test. This should have been done if it was taken to a shop, but it's possible that the draw was not present during the time of testing.