Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

2004 Saab 9-5 Arc. Dashboard lights for ABS, traction

Customer Question

2004 Saab 9-5 Arc. Dashboard lights for ABS, traction control, and brake lights, come on, but when brake pedal is engaged, no brake lights appear? At 1st, this was happening and the car wouldn't allow me to shift out of park but that has stopped.
Category: Saab
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

the best thing is to have the abs module scanned and retrieve any fault codes in the abs module ?

The abs system has several components could be causing that the scan will help us determine which, with that said , My experience with them , from the symptom you describing the abs module electrical part of the pump is the issue here ,you can not replace the electrical part ,so yoiu have to change the whole pump , a used one is around $150

check on ebay will be the cheapest.

If you can get it scanned , get me the codes and post them back here .

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat