peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

1998 9-3 just replaced my soft top cover in back and filled

Customer Question

1998 9-3 just replaced my soft top cover in back and filled the resavor now my top does nt work sounds like its trying to but then it says check top latches
Category: Saab
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a fault with one of the latches stuck open or closed in a position it shouldnt be in or an issue with a micro switch/sensor that is sending a false signal on what position one of the roof components is in that will cause this here.What needs to be done is to connect a fully compatible scan tool that can communicate with all computers in your model to see what codes are set.Once this is done the codes can be diagnosed and repaired.The scan tool is also used to monitor the signals from the switches and latches to locate one that may be incorrect needing corrected or replaced.

Double check the work you had done to make sure nothing was installed out of place or bumped loose as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete