peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

Customer Question

2001 VIGGEN. IGNITION LOCK CYLINDER HOUSING HAS CRACKED. I NEED A NEWPART (SAAB OE:(###) ###-####. tHE PROBLEM IS PROGRAMMING (I'M TOLD). Since the vehicle is older and a manual shift. I am not concerned with 'thug theft'. Programming is 350.00 USD, part is 125.00 USD. is it possible to disable the programming feature and avoid this expense?
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: Manual transmission. I have not seen leaks
JA: What is the model of your '8958221 Saab?
Customer:(###) ###-####???? I don't know this number
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ?????? I have removed the cylinder only.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: pretty well summed it up.. No nothing else
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately this will need programmed to resolve this issue here and usually needs done by a dealer or repair center that can do this programming on this model here.I dont show or see a way to bypass this here myself unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete