peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

1992 Saab 900 starts after cranking for a few seconds. Seems

Customer Question

1992 Saab 900 starts after cranking for a few seconds. Seems to run well testing it around the neighborhood, but has stalled a couple of times with no restart when venturing further afield. We've been able to start it again later, after a tow home, but I can't say what the exact wait time is.
Crank position sensor was replaced about 1 year ago, fuel filter is new.
We pulled the following flash codes: 12111, 12112, 12222, 12432
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not had the fuel pressure tested this needs done.If there is an issue with low or no fuel pressure when this no start occurs this can be a fault with the fuel pump itself.I have seen the fuel pump fail/act up in the past before needing replaced for this issue here.If this is or has been checked and found to be o.k. already let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete