350matt, Engineer - BEng Hons
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing

I have a Saab 9.3 model M 2003Central Central locking does

Customer Question

Hello I have a Saab 9.3 model M 2003Central Central locking does not work car starts and is fine however when I went to buy petrol I cannot get in to put petrol in? nor open boot
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: same as usual it does seem to be using more petrol?
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Bought a new battery thinking this was the problem I have only had the car a month so everything a bit new for me
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have had it on a test because I had a problem with a sensor and that has heen fixed there are no messages on the screen of the car computer when I am driving
Category: Saab
Expert:  350matt replied 2 months ago.

If you open the door wide - near the bottom, between the body and the door you'll see the door loom wiring encased in a plastic sleeve. It then has a big connector (almost like a SCART) that is plugged into the door.

Unplug this connector and give both sides of the connection a clean, ideally with a squirt of switch / contact cleaner for both sides

also there's an emergency pull tab in the boot for the fuel filler its a yellow plastic arrow shaped tab that you pull to release the flap. On the estate it's in the RHS floor storage locker.

Expert:  350matt replied 2 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you