peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

Am radio reception all static fm works good

Customer Question

am radio reception all static fm works good
Category: Saab
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
how can I get better reception for my am signal of my radio? I also have a 2005 saab 9-3 lenear and both am and fm work great
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
still waiting on answer thankyou
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This is usually due to a fault with the antannae if it has a separate am feed/circuit or if this is all one antannae assembly this can be due to an internal electrical fault in the radio itself with it needing removed and repaired or removed and replaced to correct this fault.This will have to be checked into tested further to locate and repair the fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
you say this could be the radio it's self because the am antenna is Incorporated in the back window

Most of the time if the antannae is o.k. this can be the radio itself but I would have the antennae circuit checked to make sure there are no issues needing repaired or replaced.Some models use an antennae amplifier that can burn out near the rear window needing replaced.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm sorry but I thought I was going to get a step by step instructions on how I can fix my reception problem not just things that need to be tested . I guess I need someone that is a x Saab mechanic that actually has had this problem. No offense to you.

No problem.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete