peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

When the top goes down it completes the process but does not

Customer Question

When the top goes down it completes the process but does not beep when complete. I then get the SID message 'Check Soft Top'. When going up it does not complete the final stage leaving the 5th bow up in the air. It looks like the tonneau cover latch microswitches are not closing properly. How do I check this and adjust as needed?
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 52,000. Just started
JA: What is the model/year of your Saab?
Customer: 2001 9-3 SE convertible
JA: What year is your Convertible?
Customer: 2001
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: All I have done is top up the hydraulic fluid.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I think that is it
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This does sound like a fault with one or more of the micro switches needing either adjusted or replaced to correct this fault here.What needs done is to have a scan tool connected to your model that can communicate with all computers to monitor the switch signals to see if one or more need replaced or adjusted to correct this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete