Dan, Mechanic
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero...how much should a spring and

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero...how much should a spring and strut replacement on both one and two tires cost me?
The spring on my front right tire broke and is grinding against my tire (spring could puncture tire). The mechanics are telling me they will have to replace the spring and strut and that I should replace both front tires, not just one.
Category: Saab
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** is about a hour labor and $300 for the parts. Most shops charge $100 a hour so you are looking at around $400 total. I agree that both should be replaced, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Around $400 for replacing the strut and spring on both tires? I'm being quoted $1400
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

That is way too much for just the front two springs/struts. I'd recommend calling up parts stores to see who has best price, buying parts yourself, then bring to shop. Here is info from manual showing book rate and costs of struts. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/31xi26yvshgwc1m/struts.pdf?dl=0