Mark N
Mark N, Saab Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience on all models of Saabs!

I've got a 2002 Saab 9-5, 2.3T with an extreme oil leak from

Customer Question

Jeff, I've got a 2002 Saab 9-5, 2.3T with an extreme oil leak from the passenger side. Leak does not stop with the new PCV update, and will leak a quart in ten miles. I've inspected it, there might've been some head gasket-Timing chain cover leakage before the PCV update, but I'm not thinking that would be it, due to the extreme flow of this leak, I replaced the crankshaft oil seal to no effect. Oil pump possibly leaking? There's so much oil sprayed around by the serpentine belt I can't isolate it. The leak is minimal while idling, but increases drastically under load when driven.
Category: Saab
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am no longer in need of assistance, thank you for your time.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Is there anything else I can try and help with here on your model at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete