peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

2002 Saab 9-5 2.3 Turbo. Just replaced the AC compressor and

Customer Question

2002 Saab 9-5 2.3 Turbo. Just replaced the AC compressor and other parts and had the system evacuated and charged . Now I'm only getting really cold air out the rear console vent. Driver's side vents are cool and passenger vents blow warm. I've checked out the blend arms and they have been replaced with the aluminum and everything seems to be working fine. Can't seem to figure out why I can't get cold air out of all the vents.
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases this can be due to an ac evaporater that has debris build up on it or a restriction needing repaired.I have also seen an over charged ac system and under charged ac system cause this here as well.If these have not been checked into this needs done to see if any are the cause here.I would have the charge of the freon re checked to make sure it is correct.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is apprectiated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Like I said, I had everything replaced at the shop, expansion valve, receiver drier, and the system was evacuated and charged. It blows really cold air out the rear console vent so I assume this system is fine as far as freon goes. On the dash, the far left and the far right vent blow warm and there are two vents in the center of the Dash. The one on the left that blows cold and the one on the right that blows warm. AC shop told me this was a blend door problem when I picked up my vehicle. I just couldn't afford to leave it there any more days and or spend any more money. So, I'm trying to figure this out myself. Both motors up under the dash on the passenger side are working., and the one motor up under the driver side Dash is also working and the shaft and arm seem fine. So I'm trying to figure out which part of this system is not functioning and not giving me cold air to all the vents. When I calibrate the ACC I don't get any codes. I am in Phoenix Arizona, so I need full AC.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have looked at all the online forums for Saab and I haven't seen this exact problem. Most of the AC problems are those little plastic arms have broken or the shafts are broken and they get codes. Is there somewhere I could get a good manual that explains this system? Would the Haynes Manuel be any good?

This is a difficult one for me to fully diagnose here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete