peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

Same \message after previous battery could not start but

Customer Question

same \message after previous battery could not start but made clicking noise and mileage info in the display blinked on and off/ replaced battery now key can not turn
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: can turn with effort key remote works
JA: What is the model/year of your Saab?
Customer: 2005 9-3 turbo
JA: What year is your Saab?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i would like to self-repair any suggestions. someone suggested there is a manual steering wheel release
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i changed the battery in the key
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you havent yet check for any corroded or loose or damaged battery cables or cable connections as this will cause this fault here.If a fault is found with any cables or connections this will need resolved to correct this fault.If this is or has been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is apprectiated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete