Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

The A/C will sometimes cool short time then blow

Customer Question

The A/C will sometimes cool for a short time then blow ambient/warm are after that.
JA: Have you checked the Freon level? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: I'm trying to locate the low pressure port. Not sure where it is.
JA: What is the model/year of your Saab?
Customer: 2004 9-3 turbo
JA: What year is your Saab?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I thought i'd try to check for low Freon first. Then proceed from there.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I think I've covered the problem. Cool air at a steady highway speed for a while then warm air, and won't resume cold air. If the car sits for a while it will blow cold air for a few seconds to several minutes then reverts to warm air.
Category: Saab
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I checked the Freon pressure. It is between 100 and 125.
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello Mike , my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Normal pressure on a full system with the compressor running needs to be right at 35 to 40 PSI on the low side and right at 200 to 225 PSI on the high side. If your pressure readings are lower then this then you are low on Freon. Check them for me and let me know what you have and we can work from there if need be.