Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

Car lost power while driving about 25 miles per hour. Hot

Customer Question

Car lost power while driving about 25 miles per hour. Hot day in 90s. Out and about driving about 6 hours with stops in between. Air on. Got to safety. Let sit a few minutes. Restarted without air and got home...5 minutes away. Used ignition unit and fuel pump replaced recently. Happened once before. Air was on but it wasn't so hot.
Category: Saab
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would start first with having the computer system scanned to see if the system detected any faults and set any fault codes. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will see if I can help you with this concern.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No codes. Neighbor though it might be electrical relays.
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

In most cases if there are no codes setting then its not likely and electronic control issue. Are you sure the new fuel pump is not failing when it gets hot. I would start with monitoring the fuel pressure while the problem is occurring to verify the new pump is okay.