Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Won't start, new, 2004 93 convertible, jump it, turn wheel

Customer Question

won't start
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: new
JA: What is the model/year of your Saab?
Customer: 2004 93 convertible
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: jump it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: turn wheel hard also
Category: Saab
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I had left the key in the ignition over night. Seems battery is drained. This is a new battery.. less than 1 year.
anyways.... the key turns, but won't come out of ignition. Its in park, but cannot move into neutral or drive.
seems like no power. the trunk won't open. no power. We tried jumping it but nothing happened. What now?
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the car will not jump start and you have no power the first thing you need to do is to remove the new battery and run it down to your local parts store and have them perform a battery load test on it to make sure it will take and hold a charge. If for some reason the battery has failed a jump start will not always work. Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there to get this resolved for you.