Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

I have a 2002 9-3, kid lost my key, local mechanic said he

Customer Question

I have a 2002 9-3, kid lost my key, local mechanic said he could fix it so he ordered a used twice unit ignition cylinder and key. installed it but it doesn't work. The guy doesn't have a Tech 2 to program the Twice and key to the car. Is there anyone that I can send my Twice unit to who can make me a key and provide the matching cylinder without it costing me a fortune.
JA: Any trouble turning the key in the ignition? Do you have a key fob?
Customer: nope key works fine turns the car on message reads key not accepted.
JA: What is the model/year of your Saab?
Customer: 2002 9-3 SE convertible
JA: What year is your Convertible?
Customer: 2002
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: well if it was relatively easy i can do it. Like I said I have the original twice and one that is paired with the ignition cylinder and key that is now installed in the car.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Need to get this done quickly. Have to move out of this house by next week.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saab Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saab
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The programming dose have to be done in order to get the car to start and run. In some cases there are locksmiths that have the equipment to do the programming if available in your area . If that is not an option then this is going to have to be done by the dealer. There are also some GM dealer that can do the programming as well.