peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Do you know how to remove my onstar without causing damage

Customer Question

do you know how to remove my onstar without causing damage to anything else?
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Your On star control unit is located on the passenger side cargo area behind the cargo paneling where the dot is located in the diagram below.You should be able to remove this side panel to locate it and unplug the connector shown to disable the On star.Keep in mind this will cause a warning light to stay on on the dash with the key on or engine running but you should be able to operate the vehicle properly still.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gp2ww48r944nq6z/on-07-06.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just looked at where you said the onstar unit was, and it's not there. The picture on drop box of the car shows a station wagon, and my car is a sedan, by the way. So, to review, you took more than 24 hours to reply, and the information was faulty and oh yes, even if the first 2 problems were absent, the message, as you said, would not vanish, as onstar said it would. So, I need to go the dealership and your advise just wasted my time and effort. I am not satisfied at all and expect my $31 to be returned today.

I will send this to customer service.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks, Dan
Expert:  Miel-cssm replied 5 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. http://www.justanswer.com/saab/9sgqf-know-remove-onstar-without-causing-damage.html. Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.