peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

Just had car serviced to replace Evaporator. Next day got

Customer Question

Just had car serviced to replace Evaporator. Next day got locked out. Remote would not unlock. Looked at manual and found fuse #2 amp #5 that operates steering column unit and ignition switch. Pulled it out and put back in. Now car won't start. Says it doesn't recognize key. Need help. Are the two related?
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what is described here this sounds like an electrical fault with the key itself with the key not being read properly.This causes this type of fault here like this and the key usually needs replaced for this issue.If you do not have a second key to try this will need tested further to be sure this is the key itself needing replaced as I suspect it does.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete