Nate, ASE Master Certified
Experience:  ASE Master Certified in all areas of Automotive Service
34975145

Car was driving perfect went into shop came back out and the

Customer Question

Car was driving perfect went into shop came back out and the car would not go into gear
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: Sorry you lost me brake switch the car is 2004
JA: What is the model of your '04 Saab?
Customer: Areo 93 convertible 20 ltr
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing at the moment
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Just started it again and all gears are perfect can you tell me the fault is it air in the system cheers
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saab Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saab
Expert:  Nate replied 5 months ago.
Can you move the shifter into gear? Or is it that it won't engage in gear once you shift into drive or reverse?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's a 6 speed manual, it was difficult to get into all gears. I waited a while started car again and all seems to be OK now. Any ideas? Is it air in the system?
Expert:  Nate replied 5 months ago.
it could be air in the system . Or it could be a worn-out clutch. Does the clutch pedal seem OK when shifting.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yeah. New clutch fitted a few weeks ago!
Expert:  Nate replied 5 months ago.

The only thing it could possibly be clutch maater cylinder going bad or possibly air in the system. is it still acting up or just that one time?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No its not its perfect now it happened once before only since clutch was fitted about 1 month ago
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nate replied 5 months ago.

I would guess that it is a problem with the clutch master cylinder, but it is hard to tell if its not doing it all the time.