rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have a 9.3 v6 turbo that stalled when passing and returned

Customer Question

I have a 9.3 v6 turbo that stalled when passing and returned a limited performance alarm . The car will crank over but will not start
Category: Saab
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Try this method first that I attached for you. if this does NOT work, then you will need a scan tool attached to your system for further functions to disable that.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That didn't do anything it did not reset the computer or loose any settings what else can it be the limited performance is still there and car won't start
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Like I said earlier, it needs to be scanned now, you did all you can do without the proper tooling.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.