peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

My 1995 saab 900s convertible was working fine. then it

Customer Question

my 1995 saab 900s convertible was working fine. then it would go down under power and when I lowered it manually the boot wouldn't lock down. At the same time the trunk button on the drivers door stopped working. The maxi fuse behind the battery is only 40 amps while the other maxi fuses are 60. What is going on?
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be an issue with a faulty micro switch needing replaced.I have seen issues with the micro switches failing in the past before needing replaced to correct faults like this here.The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes read out/diagnosed with a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed and repaired.The scan tool is also used to monitor the micro switch signals to help locate any at fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete