peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

2004 9-3 arc convertible radio died and signal light sound

Customer Question

2004 9-3 arc convertible radio died and signal light sound gone
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: yes, had it at a dealer today and they think maybe the amp, but wanted 125 per hour to attempt to figure it out
JA: What year is your Convertible?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing. yet
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no, they did a seat belt recall and that's when radio died
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saab Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The sound amp is the most common cause for this issue here.I have seen the sound amp fail in the past before causing no signal sounds as well as radio sound failure and had to replace it before.I dont see this related to the seat belt recall unless for some reason they had disconnected the battery when the seat belt recall was done this may have caused the amp to go into a logic lock up.In this case the battery in some cases can be disconnected again for about 5 minutes then reconnected to reset this here.But most of the time the sound amp itself needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete