Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

I own a 2001 Saab 93 SE convertible with just over 100k on

Customer Question

I own a 2001 Saab 93 SE convertible with just over 100k on it.. that has a few issues...
1 when it is turned off the engine there is a mechanical pumping sound that goes on for more than a few minutes before it finally stops. This is consistently happening all the time
2 There is a random misfire at highway speed with minimum load on the engine. This might be fuel related as it comes and goes. not sure... Might also be turbo related
3 There is noticeable oil seepage around the turbo but no drip on garage floor yet
4 Just in the last few days it does not start normally and when I does start the exhaust is very rich, black smoke until the engine runs smooth.
Category: Saab
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Can you tell me what area the sound your hearing is coming from, is it in the engine compartment or is it coming from the rear of the car? It would also be useful if you could have the computer system scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting. Post back with this and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Forget this issue I am scrapping the car
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Okay, thank you just the same .