peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a 2002 saab 9.3. It shut off and would crank and not

Customer Question

i have a 2002 saab 9.3. It shut off and would crank and not start. when i let it sit for 5 mins it started. I then let it sit and idle but when I hit the accelerator it shut off again and crank and wouldn't start. I put my scanner while trying to start it and i saw a code po327 which pointed to the knock sensor. would that prevent it from cranking over?
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The knock sensor code can throw off the computer ignition controls for timing as well as fuel injector controls to where it doesnt spark or fire off the injectors properly.There is also a chance the knock sensor code set due to the stall out when it stalled out a few times and one common component to cause a stall out and a no start until it has sat a period of time is a faulty crank sensor itself needing replaced.

If you have not had the fault codes checked/read out at all this needs done using a scan tool that will plug into this model and can read all computers for fault codes set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.In some cases places like Auto Zone can read out the fault codes at no charge.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
like i said the car shut off and would not start. I let it sit for a while and it will start. i change the crank sensor as sugested and the car doing the same thing.