Mark N
Mark N, Saab Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience on all models of Saabs!

Convertible top will not go down. I filled the hydraulic

Customer Question

Convertible top will not go down. I filled the hydraulic fluid. When I press the "roof" button, I hear the motor attempting to start the process but then "soft top failure" appears on the SID.
Category: Saab
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be assisting you today

If the motor pump in trunk is running and i guess you filled correctly no air bubbles then look at the side hydraulic cylinders see if you see oil in that frame area or around the cylinders from both sides ,since it is closed now u have to go to rear seat and look ,these are bad about leaking especial if u have not used the top regularly , if no leaks and pump running , that leaves the micro switches all over the top could be bad and stopping the opening cycle

If you end up needing the cylinders , dont get used one, they always fail, you can get rebuild ones , they update the shafts so it want scratch the o'rings and cause the leak , online there is a place were you can send yours in and they rebuild them and send them back to you with lifetime warranty .