sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My Saab 9-5 2.3t air is not blowing. You can feel cool air

Customer Question

Hello, My Saab 9-5 2.3t air is not blowing. You can feel cool air but it will not blow out. I have changed the motor that sits under the windshield and it was spinning, so I put the old one back on as both turned the same way but still no blowing air. Mechanic friend said it may be some control switch.
Category: Saab
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you have little or no airflow from the vents then either the blower motor isn't running fast enough or there is a physical blockage in the heater box preventing air from moving. You could have a door issue or something foreign in the heater box such as rodent next material.

Does the blower motor sound as if it's running at full speed when set to high?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The blower motor does not sound as if it is running at full speed. that used to be a loud noise. I hear a low click as if something is supposed to happen, but definitely not blowing. I have checked the fuses and put another motor blower in. ????? Also didn't understand Rodent next material. Thoughts?

If the blower motor isn't running at full speed then the issue is either with the motor itself or a poor power or ground to it.

Where did the replacement motor come from?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ebay.

Was it an aftermarket part?
Have the motor's power and ground been load tested?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No. No testing.

If the blower motor is running slowly it's either due to the blower motor itself or a poor power or ground. The first step upon finding it's running too slowly would be to test the power and ground feeds and if one is poor then that circuit can be investigated further. A second blower motor isn't that likely to have the same issue, but aftermarket electrical parts are known to cause issues.