peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

The key is stuck in the emission

Customer Question

the key is stuck in the emission and will not start and I cannot get the key out or wheel to turn?
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In some cases this can be due to low voltage or a fault with the shifter solenoid not sending the correct signal that the car is in park.I have seen both of these cause this fault here.If you havent yet try a jump start or a battery re charge and see if this corrects the fault.If it does then I would have the battery tested to see if it needs replaced.If this is o.k. I would have the fault codes checked to see if any codes come up for the shifter or solenoid itself as this will help diagnose the issue here.I have seen the shifter solenoid that indicates to the computers when the vehicle is in park fail on the shifter itself.In most cases the entire shifter needs replaced but in some cases the solenoid itself can be replaced for this issue here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete