sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Saab 93: My 2008 93 alarm kept going off randomly. I too it

Customer Question

My 2008 93 alarm kept going off randomly. I too it to F.C. Kerbeck and they diagnosed that it was the door latch and the part was not available anymore and I was on my own. I left and got really mad since I bought the car from them. I called back the service manager and he gave me the number of a junkyard that had the part. I took it to my local mechanic since I didn't trust Kerbeck anymore. He installed it but now it still went off. What should I do now?
Category: Saab
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I got an email from just answer but it is an advertisement
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!It's very possible that you got a bad replacement latch since the part was used.The most likely cause for the alarm going off when it shouldn't is a failed door ajar switch. The ajar switches are internal in the latches. It's possible that you could have a wiring issue or possibly a door that isn't closing correctly, but a failed ajar switch would be most likely.I'm assuming that they either saw the problem happen and were able to see the alarm was set off because that particular door showed it was open when it wasn't, or they saw historical data that was stored and assumed it was the latch.Has anything been done to further diagnose the issue after the latch was replaced?