peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

My wastegate makes a wirling sound when I let off the accelerator

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Saab. The Saab Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The boost is fine ,just a noise when I decelerate
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nnothing
JA: Huh?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Saab Mechanic should be aware of about your Saab?
Customer: 160,000 miles 2002 9-3 runs great
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saab Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. This may be an issue with a control solenoid for the waste gate or an issue with linkage.I would have this inspected further to see if any of these are the cause here as well if any other components are found to be an issue needing repaired or replaced.I have seen issues with these before needing replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete