sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

All warning lights come on, loss of power (limp mode). Take

Customer Question

All warning lights come on, loss of power (limp mode). Take battery cable off and it runs fine, but then everything starts all over again.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: No ma'am
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Saab Mechanic to figure that out. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Traction control light, ABS light, and loss of power are the symptoms. a/c ALSO runs at slower speed and not cooling.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I have a mechanic but his computer is not communicating with the car's computer
JA: Is there anything else the Saab Mechanic should be aware of about your Saab?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saab Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saab
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If these are the only warning lights coming on and the engine is going into limp in then I would first suspect an electronic throttle control problem. Stability control systems rely on the ability to request torque from the engine, if there is any engine performance concern that will prevent the ABS module from obtaining torque when needed then the warning lights will come on.What year and model is the vehicle?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2008 saab 93
Do you have access to a scan tool to see what fault codes are setting? The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to see what fault codes are setting in the ABS module and engine controller.