virtual auto tech.
virtual auto tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 13 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop

Saab 9-5 2.3T: I own Saab 9-5 made in 2008 and I like the car

Customer Question

I own Saab 9-5 made in 2008 and I like the car very much. But now I have problem, I need a part called "break master cylinder reservoir", I don t have the number for this part, because my mechanic is afraid to take it out, because it could break. Would you know, where to find it? We tried really everything.
Thank you for your answer!
Zuzana Beaver
Category: Saab
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 5 months ago.
I am sorry you are having trouble with your Saab. I will do my best to help. Unfortunately your options are limited with that part. The Saab part number is(###) ###-####but Saab discontinued that part. They no longer sell it. So you can call a local salvage yard and ask if the have it, they will sell the whole master cylinder with the reservoir. I would try LKQ if the local yard doesn't have it. Or here is one other option if you search eBay for Item Number: 111944882183 You will find a master cylinder w reservoir for a 05 Saab 2.3t. It's a different master cylinder but I checked at the Saab parts dept. and the reservoir for this Saab and yours are the same part number so they are the same. Your mechanic can just switch the tank over.Thanks
If you decide to call Lkq here is a number for them.(###) ###-####
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.