Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

We have a 2011 Saab 9-3 We have nothing but problems with

Customer Question

We have a 2011 Saab 9-3
We have nothing but problems with our aircondioner
We had the compresser replaced $ 2,000
All new air conditioner tubes $1,300
new cabin filter, and Freon fill and some other stuff ....
and it still does not work ! The mechanics say its fine and don't want to fix the problems.
Anyway please help us, the driver side will blow cool air out of the one vent only, all the other vets blow hot air ... ????
Category: Saab
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.Lets start first with checking to see if the AC compressor is turning on and running when you turn the AC on, if the compressor is running when turned on the the next steps will be to install a set of pressure gauges to the system and read the systems pressure. Normal pressure on a full system with the compressor running needs to be right at 35 to 40 PSI on the low side and 200 to 225 PSI on the high side . Check these things for me and post back with the results and I will help you determine the cause.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello Ron,
My husband says the compressor is running because the one driver side vent will push cold air, but every other vent blows really warm air.
I will have to take it somewhere to get the pressure PSI checked.
To give you more information here is what has been done so far....AC compressor
EXP valve
Sealing
Freon
Dryer
AC EVAC recharge
3 new AC LINEs
R&R AC lines
Cabin air filter
Grounding AC lines at firewallLets say my PSI pressure is good ... based on the list of things that have been done, what are some suggestions to have checked so when I go to another shop I have some knowledge ... thanks
Lynn
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.
Lyn, if you getting cold air on one side the its not likely a pressure issue. Your car should have a duel climate control system and if you have cold air on the driver side then that usually means the right side air mix motor has failed.