peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Are you a certified Saab tech? JA: No. I'm the Mechanic's

Customer Question

Are you a certified Saab tech?
JA: No. I'm the Mechanic's Assistant.
Customer: i have had this problen 2 times on different saabs in the past 4 weeks. the rear windows went down and will not come back up with either the master window switch or the individual window switches. has power to the red wire at each rear switch. tried a working master switch and did not fix it. didnt know if there was a rear window relay for these or not. the first Saab was an 03 9-3, this one is an 05 9-3
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Saab. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. I buy and sell these cars when I can find a nice clean one at the auction.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked fuses. have both door panels off. Power at red wire at the 4 wire switch. not getting power to wires at motor. I just bought this car yesterday and went and got it. the right rear window was up. i put it down with the master switch and it wouldnt come back up. left rear window was down and there was plastic over it.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your Saab?
Customer: i dont think so. This has to be a common problem for me to have run into it twice in 30 days on 2 different year of the same model
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saab
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Also when you push the rear window lock button it doesnt turn yellow to show it is active. When I put a working master switch in the 03 it worked in the car it came from but didnt when switched over to the 03 with nonworking rear windows
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Am i going to get an answer tonigt Just wondering.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Maybe Tim Mohr can answer it.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 9 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. I have seen issues in some cases with broken/damaged wiring leading from the door itself to the body near the hinges at the front and rear doors.If you have not checked for any shorted or damaged wiring this needs done to see if an issue is found needing repaired here.If this has already been done and found o.k. let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete