peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

2009 9-3 convertible; bell dings and says cannot compete function

Customer Question

2009 9-3 convertible; bell dings and says cannot compete function of putting top down; info says something blocking in trunk; there is nothing in the trunk
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. This is usually due to a fault with a failing micro switch sending an incorrect signal on what position the roof is in.I have seen these fail before in the past needing replaced for this fault here.You will need to have the fault codes checked to see what codes are set and from there the codes diagnosed as well as the same scan tool used to monitor the roof switches to locate a faulty one needing replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete