rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I. Just recently purchased a 2006 Saab. 9.3 Aero Convertible

Customer Question

I. Just recently purchased a 2006 Saab. 9.3 Aero Convertible I have been stranded 3 times in 2 weeks . it starts fine I can make se
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Saab. The Saab Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Several stops and it will not start. I wait maybe 45 mins. Then it will start. The check engine light comes on and stays on once it starts. It is an automatic i am at the point of giving it back
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No unless it is something simple. ..we've HD some one check it out , they returned it yesterday thinking it was fixed. It happened again today. Drove it to work, made several stops at lunch, started again this afternoon stopped at the store would not crank. The key turns makes a slight grinding sound. When it starts and runs and goes throuht the check out it comes back everything is ok...then it want can't and the check engine light stays on ......lights or on. door locks work had the battery checked by Autozone last Saturday they said it was fine
JA: OK! The Saab Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Cars do make very odd noises -- They help the mechanics figure out what's wrong. They are terrific with my old Grand Cherokee. Is there anything else the Saab Mechanic should be aware of about your Saab?
Customer: I hav
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saab Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: I have owned this car for 2 weeks and I had to be towed oor stranded 3 times.....
Category: Saab
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.There are codes stored in your computer that need to be extracted, they will help us find this problem. In most cases, the crank sensor or fuel pump will cause stalling issues, but we need the codes first to help us out. Most parts stores will check codes for free.Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it isn't stalling out ..it will run fine snd then want start for about an hour or so
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.
Yes, either way, the circuits need to be tested and the computer needs to be scanned to acquire the data needed to resolve this issue. We'd only be guessing any other way, and that's not good for either of us.Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.Ron