Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Saab 9-3 2.0T: i have a saab 9-3 2006 and fuel gauge

Customer Question

hello i have a saab 9-3 2006 and fuel gauge stuck at empty with light on, i dropped the tank and have a new float and sender, i ohm out the sender and it reads good ohms and adjusts as arm travels up and down
Category: Saab
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI, I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question. Ok, we need to check for signal at the fuel gage at the instrument cluster. I need to get the vin number so that I can pull the schematics and walk you thru the testing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ys3fd49y361028420
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI, Ok, the fuel level sendor sends a signal to the ecm and from the ecm to the fuel gage via BUS lines. Unfortunately, I have zip on wiring schematics for testing, so I will opt out and see if another expert has the needed schematics
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** can help. It sounds like there may be an open circuit in the wiring between the level sender and the ECM. I would ohm out the wiring at the connector on the ECM and see if you are getting the same reading as you are at the level sender plug. I can send the factory wiring diagram to your private email if you need one. I've sent the additional service offer for emailing the factory wiring diagram.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not paying anymore money I have paid for the answer am have not got an answer to my question, gonna ask for my money back this is a joke
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
I believe I gave you an answer. You need to ohm out the wiring at the ECM. I simply offered the factory wiring diagram if you needed it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eric was going to walk me through testing but couldn't then you come in wanting to charge me more,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please walk me through my problem and tell me what to oh
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ohm
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
I am not WANTING to charge you more I simply offered you the wiring diagram. I am unable to post factory diagrams here and the $10 fee is the minimum that the website charges for technical information uploads. I do not set the pricing I simply try to help customer's with their problems. Please note that I do not receive one penny from the website unless you are satisfied with my help and click on a positive rating. If you do not rate my service I do not receive anything for my time.The wiring from the sending unit goes to the ECM which is mounted on the motor. I would ohm out the wires at the ECM and see if you get the same readings as you do at the sending unit. If you have an open circuit you will need to begin to trace your wiring from the sender. Connector A, pins 10 and 31 are your sending unit pins at the ECM. Disconnect the connector at the ECM and connect your ohmmeter across the pins and take your reading. I've attached a connector view below. Let me know if this is helpful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes thank you will ohm out
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. If you don't get a good reading at the ECM I would checkit at connector H10-3 located on a bracket by the tank strap on the front edge of the fuel tank. I've attached a picture below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything is good to ecm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I even put on my obd2 scanner and it reads full fine edjust perfectly on scan tool when I do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It reads on scan tool, even can read it when still and driving when level changes some
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are the wires from ECM to gauge and is it possible that ECM needs to be reprogrammed or something
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also the steering lock malfunction is coming on now and as soon as it does the gas gadge goes to empty with low fuel light, seems like it is pretty systematic when one happens the other does as well
gas gauge usually works on startup and then the steering lock malfunction comes on and gauge goes to empty,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i specifically want a saab technician please to help me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am looking for
jeffrey 590, Master Saab Technician